Women’s Ministry exists to create environments in which women are invited into the life of following Jesus, becoming like Jesus, and engaging in the mission of Jesus. Our Main Objective is to continually move women one step closer to Jesus, along life’s way.
Summer 2020 Women's Book Club:
We are excited to go through "It's Not Supposed to Be This Way" by Lysa TerKeurst. Join Nancy Ackerman and myself as we read through this book and discuss questions about what we've learned. Her subtitle is “Finding unexpected strength when disappointments leave you shattered”. During this time of uncertainty and unrest Lysa helps us process our disappointment and find God’s goodness in the midst of it. She says “You will start moving forward with peace and confidence, assured that God’s Word holds the answers you’re looking for.”
The book will be divided up into thirds, with discussion times each month (reading assignments will be sent out with your RSVP confirmation). Both a Tuesday evening (7 pm) and Wednesday morning (9 am) option will be available. (Please note the change!) Meeting dates are planned for June 23 & 24, July 21 & 22, August 18 & 19.
We are figuring out ways to meet and yet maintain distance, so we may ask you to bring a lawn chair along if the meeting times are nice enough to gather outside! Please let me (Cindy) know if you have any questions or concerns. As with all activities right now, please decide on participation depending on your comfort level of interaction and be prepared to maintain social distancing to keep everyone safe.
So, what do I need to do to join?
- Order your book on Amazon. They are available at other sites as well so feel free to shop around. Be sure to order the book - not the study guide. (I ordered mine for $12.50, free shipping) There are discussion questions with every chapter that we will be using. You are welcome to use whatever format works best for you - hardcover, paperback or Kindle! If you are having trouble ordering a book, please let me know right away & I'll help walk you through getting one ordered.
- RSVP here by June 17 to let us know you’re coming and can plan accordingly.
Women's Bible Studies
How can we trust a God we do not know and how can we know God unless we study His great love letter to us – the Bible! Come and seek God through His Word and get to know other women with the same heart to know and serve Him!
Women's Bible Studies are offered as a fall/winter session, winter/spring session and summer session. Click here for current options.
Homes of Hospitality
- Fellowship is not just something that we try to "fit in" to our Christian life after we get everything else together. Fellowship is important and integral. Fellowship will challenge us, encourage us, help us stay accountable, and fellowship is showing obedience to God and His word.
- Often times gospel hospitality births fellowship. It is a sacred space where burdens are halved, joys are doubled, prayer becomes more powerful, the Holy Spirit intersects lives with intentional nudges, and spiritual sharpening abounds.
- Several women from Living Hope will be opening their homes as a part of a new ministry called Homes of Hospitality. We are pleased with the momentum behind it and encouraged by the numerous women that have expressed a willingness to host a gathering.
"that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ.." Colossians 2:2 ESV
Click here for current options and more information.
There are multiple opportunities for you to get involved. Click here for a complete list of ministries offered to women or visit our Volunteer page to see how you can connect.
Connect with us!
Contact Women's Director Cindy Roelofs.