January 8, 2017 Series: God With Us
Topic: Jesus Christ Passage: Revelation 21:1–21:8
In and for eternity:
1. God will be with his people, his dwelling place will be with us. (Revelation 21:3-4)
2. There will be no more pain or tears, death or suffering. The reality of the fall will be erased, and be replaced with the reality of pure joy. (Revelation 21:4)
3. All things will be made new. Heaven isn't floating around on a cloud, playing harps. It will be very real, physical. We will be resurrected some day, and our bodies will be made new, and glorified. (Revelation 21:5)
4. We will be eternally satisfied. We will be emotional, physically and spiritually fed from the Spring of Life. We will finally know what it means to be satisfied. (Revelation 21:6)
5. We will be granted sonship. We will belong and know what it means to belong. God will look at us as his children and we will no longer know loneliness, suffering, abandonment. (Revelation 21:7)
1. Eternity is for real.
2. People live forever.
3. This life really matters. Your relationships matters, with your neighbors, co-workers, family. Your children matter. How you parent matters. Sharing the Gospel matters.
What is most important in this life is eternity and where people will go.
Satan, through the fall, has ushered in fear. But, through the cross, Jesus is redeeming and freeing his people.
“Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe